The detailed goals of this workshop are:
- Presenting and discussing research and experience reports concerning the combination of RE and BPM, shared methods between them, and interface definition (development process and artifacts) between them
- Discussion of RE and BPM commonalities and differences
- Exchange of ideas and problem statements between researchers and practitioners
- Identification of open problems in practice, possibilities for better exchange of development artifacts, and integrated development processes between both domains.
The workshop is planned as a work meeting with discussion groups. The groups shall be inspired by some paper presentations in order to foster discussion.
After an introduction, theoretical reflections and problem statements will be presented. Problem statements should finish with an open problem description. These problem descriptions will be discussed by participants and organizers. In the finishing slot the results will be discussed and gathered and further work will be defined.
Topics of Interest:
Topics of interest include all issues related to RE activities and techniques in the BPM lifecycle, or, BPM activities and techniques during a RE project. We are open for all contributions that raise discussion on the possibilities and limitations of a better integration of BPM and RE.
Original submissions from research and practice in three categories are welcome
- Full Papers: Papers describing concepts and methods in the form of Research Papers (up to 10 pages).
- Position Papers: Solution Proposals or Case Studies/Case Descriptions (up to 6 pages).
- Problem Statements: Describe a problem that is currently open and shall be discussed and/or researched in the future (up to 4 pages).
Formatting instruction can be found here: Formatting instructions
- Paper Submission: EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15th of June, 2014 via EasyChair
- Author Notification: June 23rd, 2014
- Camera-ready Due: July 7th, 2014
- Workshop: August 25th, 2014